Foto Friday: The Singapore Skyline

Foto Friday: The Singapore Skyline

Every Friday I’ll be sharing a photo from someplace in my travels.

This week’s photo is of the Singapore Skyline.

Since 2000, skyscrapers have been rapidly popping up in Singapore’s downtown area, particularly in the Marina Bay district. Although I can’t say it’s as impressive as the skyline in Hong Kong or even in say, Chicago, viewing the skyline from the top of the Marina Bay Sands was quite the experience.

Going up to the Marina Sands SkyPark at night is a popular activity for many tourists, but the best way to do it is the visit the bar at Sky on 57 instead. Rather than paying for an admission ticket to the SkyPark, you’ll be getting the same view for the price of one drink. Sipping on our drinks while looking out at the skyline was the perfect ending to our first night in Singapore.

Singapore - Jan 2013

If you enjoyed this photo, please share it!

• traveladdict says:

Singapore does indeed have a fantastic skyline. I enjoyed my experience a lot. There are over 4,300 high-rise buildings in the city-country. Impressive.
    The best viewpoint I found was the Marina Bay Sands Hotel’s top.

• Andy says:

Hey great adventure and I did not know Singapore had a pretty skyline.

• Azwan says:

Hi, There’s a Singapore Toy, Game and Comic Convention at the end of the month. Any tips on finding the cheapest place to stay with easy access to Marina Bay Sands?

Really, because Singapore is so small, almost anywhere will put you in close proximity to the Marina Bay Sands.

When I was there, I stayed in Chinatown and went back and forth to MBS a few times. It was only 4 stops away and took maybe 15 minutes including walk times? Just make sure to stay somewhere close to a MRT station, within 4-5 stops of Marina Bay Sands!

• Azwan says:

After checking around, seems like staying in JB is much cheaper, but traveling between JB and Singapore can be a factor.

Staying in JB is much cheaper, however depending on your passport you’ll need a visa. This was the main reason I chose not to stay there (I would have needed a visa) along with the ferry ride being almost an hour.

• Gladys says:

I didn’t know Singapore had a pretty skyline. Where was this taken?